About the Service
The registered office of a company is a place where all the communication related to business is held. In addition to a registered office, a company can also have a corporate office, branch, factory, or administrative office. However, the registered office of a company in India must be registered with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, the other branches and offices can be opened by a company without any prior intimation to the ROC.
• Change in the registered office within the same city
-INC22 form needs to be filed with the MCA. It should be filed within 30 days of passing the board resolution.
-The utility bill for business address proof
- NOC from the owner/rental agreement
• Change in the registered office address with a different ROC but within the state
-Form MGT-14 and Form INC-23 need to be filed
-Form MGT-14 to be filed within 30 days of passing the special resolution. Also, Form INC-23 needs to be filed to the Regional Director. After the Regional Director confirms the change, the same confirmation must be filed with the ROC within 60 days. Within 30 days of filing, the ROC shall confirm the change of address.
Before one month of filing the application with the Regional Director, UComply shall:
• Publish a notice of change of office in a daily English newspaper and in the principal language newspaper of that district in which the company’s registered office is situated.
• Serve individual notice on each depositor, debenture holder and creditor of the company. The notice must state that if their interest is likely to be affected by the proposed alteration in the MOA, they can intimate their nature of interest and grounds of opposition to the Regional Director. However, they must intimate their opposition to the Regional Director within twenty-one days from the publication date of the notice.
Change of address in another state
• It is necessary to hold a board meeting and pass a resolution to call an extraordinary general meeting.
• A special resolution is to be passed in the EGM about the change in the address of the registered office as well as for altering the MOA. The resolution must be filed in MGT14 within 30 days with the MCA.
• The company has to publish an advertisement for shifting the office not more than 30 days before the date of application to the regional director. It should be published in at least vernacular or the regional newspaper and in an English newspaper.
• The company should also send a notice to the creditors and the debenture holders if there are any and to other regulatory bodies as applicable to the company.
• An application to the Regional Director should be filed for shifting the registered office along with the documents that are specified.
• In case an objection is received then there is a hearing with the Central government and necessary orders will be passed. If no objection is received, then the order will be passed without any hearing.
• The confirmation received from the RD to the ROCs is to be filed by the company within 30 days from the date of the order.
• Within 30 days it is necessary to file form INC-22 to the ROC with the required document
1. Signed documents sent by us
2. Memorandum of Association
3. Article of Association
4. Utility bill for proof of new address
5. Rent agreement/Sale deed/NOC
Timeline of the service
Change of address within the same state - 7 working days from the receipt of documents
Change of address to different state but same ROC - 30-45 working days
Change of address to different state and different ROC - Variable
1. Is permission from the shareholders required to change the address of the registered office?
No, the companies that are relocating to another location in the same village, towns, or city limits do not need permission from their shareholders or any other authorities, but it is necessary to notify the ROC of the changes that are made in Form INC 22. In other cases, shareholders’ approval is required.